Jaguar has revealed details of its new F-Type convertible sports car on the eve of its Paris Motor Show debut.
The all-aluminium, two-seater focuses on performance and will go on sale in 2013.
The F-Type will be produced at Jaguar's West Midlands plant, sustaining hundreds of jobs and giving UK's manufacturing industry a welcome boost.
F-Type facts and figures:
- The F-Type will be built in Castle Bromwich, creating around 1,000 jobs
- The car is powered by a 3.0-litre V6 supercharged petrol engine in 340PS and 380PS outputs and its 5.0-litre V8 supercharged petrol producing 495PS
- F-Type V8 S can reach 60mph in 4.2 seconds with a top speed of 186mph
- Eight closely-spaced sporting ratios in F-Type's Quickshift transmission gives greater driver control
- Active rear spoiler deploys at speed to reduce lift by up to 120kg
- F-Type is the successor to the famous E-type
- There are three models available, F-Type, F-Type S and F-Type V8 S
- First customer deliveries will take place in 2013
- In UK F-Type's starting price is £58,500
- Want to work in the automotive industry? Visit our jobs board for latest vacancies www.topengineeringjobs.com